CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Tips and Techniques    Got it - Calstar 875h
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got it - Calstar 875h
 Login/Join

Captain
posted
Big Grin Just arrived yesterday from Charkbait - you guys are the only ones sporting this stick. It feels great, well balanced, with a sturdy rod seat. Want to use it as a bait stick 40-50 lb test and wahoo stick - if that option ever presents itself. Thanks Mark, you picked a home run on this rod - hurry up summer!

Posts: 143 | Registered: 24 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
avet, penn, what reel goes with it? If it's a Shimano, don't admit it here!!!

sweet charity

Posts: 446 | Registered: 27 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Glad you appreciate the rod. Nice stick, and she'll do more than wahoo I'm thinking. They came out very nicely. Like what Wade's doing on the custom sticks very much.

GS<
MS

Posts: 1343 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Smiler I can not tell a lie - the trini 40 fits the rod very well!

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Yeikes! I'm mortified. Now it looks like I'll need to post some sort of disclaimer on the site's custom rod page to the effect that in the event of matching with an "s" reel all warranties are null and void, that it can be hazardous to one's health, causes unexpected pregnancies, or loss of function of certain organs, high blood pressure and low blood sugar, exzema, blackheads, loss of hair, uncontrolled flatulence, and all sorts of horrible and distateful things.

Jeeze, a guy just can't get a break. Matching one of our rods with an "s" reel...I just know I'm going to hear about this one down at the landing or from another of our clients.

GS<
MS
p.s. Having said all that, that darn rod is so good it's bound to make the reel perform better!

Captain
posted Hide Post
Then again. I do have that Pro Gear Albacore Special 542 I purchased last trip to Charkbait! Red Face

Pinhead
posted Hide Post
Would this rod be a good yoyo rod for yellowtail or yellowfin using 5-7oz jigs?

steve gonzalez

Posts: 1 | Registered: 22 February 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Not in my estimation, too long. More of a casting piece...with wahoo as an intended target.

Great Stuff!
Mark