CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Tips and Techniques    New to 12 Strand Toro Tamer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to 12 Strand Toro Tamer
 Login/Join

Captain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chark:
The nail knots are preferred for lighter lines but can cover heavy rigging too with the addition of the nub-knot.

GS

The 3 nail knots you show on those videos will work from 20lbs to 130lbs I assume.....since that part is not where the connection strength comes from (Chinese finger trap is).

Posts: 76 | Registered: 13 April 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
On the heavier tests, say 80# and up, put a nail on the leader to act as the "nub" on the leader, with braid covering it and extending over that point by 1.5-2" and then do your nails between the nub with braid now covering and your transition point.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1571 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
I tried that a few times but mostly I find that after I did the nail knot on the Flouro, is hard for the ToroTamer to go back “over it”. Maybe my 30lbs Power Pro for the knot is too thick? Anyways, putting my 30lbs ToroTamer with 30lbs Sunline “ Big Grin to Action” this weekend, wish me luck.

Captain
posted Hide Post
Ok update on ToroTamer 30lbs with sunline 30&20lbs. 30lbs Sunline took 3ft insert to hold (2nail knots and glue) and 20lbs Sunline took 4.5ft insert to hold(2nail knots and glue). Will try 16 lbs next week. I am ok with 16 lbs inserting as much as 9ft as Long as it holds. Wish me luck