CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    Pre work Alamitos bay session 10-28-14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre work Alamitos bay session 10-28-14
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Pumped up some ghost shrimp yesterday morning to use this morning in the bay. Haven't been there in a while so it was another prospecting trip. Anyway arrived at the AO at gray light and worked the water edge till just after 9am. Water was warm, clean, clear and there was plenty of bait popping around as well. Fishing was decent and I managed two corbs (one 14" and one 16"), 4 sand bass, 3 bay bass, 3 halibut to 18", 2 turbot, a YFC and a smelt. All fish caught using ghost shrimp for bait on a Owner red #6 mosquito hook, 30" 4# Seaguar flouro leader, 1/4 ounce slider and a small swivel cast out as far as you could and them slowly worked back to the sand in 1 to 2' pulls.
Hopefully the large surf dies down and I can get back onto the beach and target the corbina and spotfin croakers. Just to much water moving around where the fish are right now and with the large shore pound it was getting pretty sketchy fishing where I was getting them.

Tight lines,
Behdad

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post