CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    5-23-12 corb report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5-23-12 corb report
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Due to the wind and weather reports I couldn't get out and chase the big craokers(WSB) so I decided to chase their little cuisins the corbina. Checked the tides and saw one of the go to spots had a good set up in the morning so that where I went. Fished the area on the incomming and got 1 bite from the right kind, that turned out to be a nice 22 to 23"er. Brutal strike and battle from the chromer.

22 to 23"er

Release pic

Fished for an hr or so more for nothing else but this crazy looking midshipman
with fangs

Has some teeth

Released him too and then took off for a high tide spot. Got there on the slack and fished for an hr or two. Saw 5 corbs with 4 being in the super tanker 26" pluss range. Had my shot at one. Saw two BIG shadows moving thru the skinny and I pitched a GS about 20' in front of them and then lost them as two waves broke and rolled over the spot. Lost site of my bait and the fish snd it looked like they moved on so I went to reel in my line and recast when I felt a tap and then saw a flash and then one of the super tankers take off. Blazing first run matched by another blazing second run. Got about 5 turns of the handle when the line went slack. Reeled it in to find the hook popped out. Oh mn what a gut check as that was the fish that would have made my year. Cant catch'em all though. Nice to know they are in the area and biting too. called it a day after that.

18 trips for 30 corbs to 24"+

Tight lines,
Behdad

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Another nice chromer !

Super tanker + Eeker
Lookin' forward to seein'you slide one of those up this year Cool

2014 surf croaker:
corbina: 27
sfc: 0