CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    More corb action
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More corb action
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Took a week off from surf fishing due to having a cold but I had to give it a go yesterday morning as my skin was twisting from with drawls. Checked the tides Tuesday night and saw that I'd have a one or two hr window of prime corb tide first thing in the morning Wed so that was the plan. Got up Teusday at 4:30am and grabbed a batch of ghosties that had been chilling in the garage fridge for the past week and took off for the spot. Got to the spot at graylight and went to work. About 20 min of fishing and hookup ZZZZZZZZZ!

Big boil in the water on the hookset and then it was off to the races

some killer runs up and down the beach and the she slowly came to color.

and then finaly up onto the sand.

A nice 22 to 23" model

Worked the area for an hr or two more but didnt see another corb in the skinny and I got no more bites.

Time for a move so I ran down toward Bolsp Chice to see if i could find any slidders on the beach. Only thing I was able to see or catch was about a 6 BSP's all about this size

Not wantning to waist my GS on them a made another move but again I found no more corbs so i called it a day early and went home to take care of some business.

Conditions where great, Clear sky, light offshore breeze, clear clean water and no crowds.

Also, here how I've been hooking my GS when hunting corbs.

Works great !!!!!

tight lines ,
Behdad
AKA UnReel

Posts: 170 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinhead
Picture of Docrunner
posted Hide Post
Hey, Mr. Behdad.. this is Jay. You helped me the other night, when I got the Trek Pack. How do you keep these ghost shrimp on your hook? Have you used the copper wire, or string? Thanks again for your advice.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Good morning Jay. Hope you enjoy the Trek Pack.

Personaly I dont use the copper or miricle thred on my GS as I'm fishing realy shallow and gin clean water so the bait presentation has to be as natural looking as possible or the fish will turn off the bait. When I go fishing I store the GS in a small personal cooler and keep them in realy cold water from my garage frige aquarium. It helps keep the GS hard and crunchy so they stay on the hook way better. If the water holding your GS gets warm the GS will get soft and mushy and they'll fly off the hook when you cast them. Also, I use a 10' UL rod (5wt fly rod I wrapped as a spinning rod)and the soft tip helps keep me from throwing off the GS when I cast.

Hope the info helps,
Behdad
AKA UnReel

Posts: 170 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post