CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    Couple butts and another Sand King 4-24-12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couple butts and another Sand King 4-24-12
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Stayed away from the spot over the weekend but hit it this morning before work. Pretty decent bite as I managed 3 butts from about 16" to about 20" on the GS and got lucky and nabbed another 17 to 18" Corbina (aka Sand King) before having to bail at 8am to go to the shop. All fish C&R'ed and where caught on the 10' noodle rod, 4lb main, 4 lb fluoro, 1/4 ounce egg ,#4 red Owner mosquito hook and 3" GS for bait.

Pics of the mornings catch

Butt 1

Butt #2

Close up

Butt #3

Close up

And the lone corbina 17 to 18"

13 trips for 22 corbina to 24" in 2012
Tight lines,
Behdad

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Sand King !

Did you pump the 3" gs ? Those are large.

2014 surf croaker:
corbina: 27
sfc: 0

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Sand King is another nickanme for corbina.

Yes I did pump the 3" shrimps. 3"ers are big but you need to see the 4 and 5" models we get at a couple spots. Those only work for me in one or two locations though. Otherwise I like the 2" to 2 1/2 inch GS the best. They keep beter and fish beter.

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post