CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    Hit the playground, got some corbina 10-23-13 report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hit the playground, got some corbina 10-23-13 report
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Had the day off yesterday so I went and made some Ghost Shrimp in the morning. Started at 9am or so and it took about a hr to 2 hrs to make a nice batch of 30 or more bait size shrimp. Little tougher making the suckers on the high tide. After making bait I hit the play ground looking to find some sand kings (corbina). Fished about 3 to 3 1/2 hrs and managed 4 corbs from 12 to 18" as well as 2 small butts , 6 perch, 3 or 4 micro bass, a jack smelt and a banjo shark. Tough fishing for most of the day but found two zones that produced all my fish. Couple pics of the corbs below. All fish caught on a 9' 2 to 8# rated rod, small 2000 Daiwa spinning reel loaded with 4# izor clear, 1/4 ounce slider, small swivel, 4# seaguar fluoro to # 6 and #8 red mosquito hooks.

Corb 1 (about 18")

Mug shot of corb 1

Corb 2 (about 12")

Corb 3 (about 16")

corb 4 (about 14")

tight lines,
B

2013 Corb count
16 trips, 22 corbina (top fish 24")
7 spotfin (top fish 18")

This message has been edited. Last edited by: UnReel,

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post