CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    Another pre work session 4-16-14 corb and spotfin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another pre work session 4-16-14 corb and spotfin
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Made some sand crabs after work yesterday so Brandon and I could do some early morning corb scouting before work today. Bait making at low tide was tough. Took about 30 min to make around 40 pieces but they where all nice ones. Anyway, hit the beach at 6:15am and worked it for about an hr for a couple small BSP's. Covered a lot of ground but it just didn't look fishy. Tide was filling so we decided to run to the spotfin location as we've been getting them on the high. Got to the second spot at 7:45am and went to work. Slower fishing than the previous days fishing. With just 30 min left to fish I was starting to give up hope when I finally got the bite I was looking for. Off to the races as this fish ran around a bit. Finaly a nice 22" super clean spotfin hits this sand.

22" spot on the beach

Me and my fishy

Close up of spotfin

Released the spot and went back to working the beach. 5 min before we had to leave Brandon pulls an ace out of his sleeve and lands this beanlet to keep his croaker streak alive and also take the black cat corbina curse off us as we've been corbless in 5 or 6 trips.

Brandons little beanlet

Fun 2 1/2 hr pre work session. Tides are off for our pre work fishing window so it will be a few days before we head out again.

Tight lines,
B

2014 Croaker count
6 corbina ( to 20")
3 Spotfin Croaker ( to 23")

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Shredding those SFC.
Nice work as usual B Cool

2014 surf croaker:
corbina: 27