CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    Good corbina fishing and tanker corb 4-24-13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good corbina fishing and tanker corb 4-24-13
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Got up early this morning to go make bait and then hit the spot. Last day the window was going to be open for me for a while. Anyway, made 30 to 40 perf GS in about 45 min and then ran to the spot. Walked up and no one was on the sand. Sweet !!! Started pitching and dragging GS, About 30 min goes by with no action. Was wondering if I missed the bite when I felt a thump on the line. Set the hook and ZZZZZZZ first hookup of the morning. Short fight and a nice clean 17"er hits the sand.

17"er

17 mug shot

Quikly retied all my knots, rebaited and went back to pitching and draging. Short while later and thump thump and ZZZZZZZZ

Fish on !!!!!! Little beter fish and a way beter fight this time. Finaly work the chromer into the shallows and then onto the sand. 19 to 20" model corbina.

Corbina #2

Side view

Man. was stoked to pick off two but now things get interesting. While working down the hard edge of a drop off I see a flash of a 2' corb moving L-R just 6 or 7' in front of me. Stopped me in my tracks but I managed to get my bait in without spooking the fish and repitched about 15' in front of the fish and just let the bait sit there. I was shaking just thing of the monster hitting my bait when snapppppp!!! the line goes tight and a silver bullet darts out of the shallows and back out into deeper water. Solid drag burn for what seemed like forever. fianly get the fish turned and for the next 10- 15 min try and work it into the shallows. Finaly get the monster to the waters edge but just cant get a grip on it. 5 min later she's finaly beached and she's a monster 24"+ fish.

Tanker !!

another shot

Lady was walking by and I got her to take a glory shot for me

Best pic of them all, the release

Still shaking I called it a day after that fish.

Used a 9' 4-8# custom rod I made, Daiwa Exceller 2000 spinner loaded with Izor 4# clear, 1/4 pounce slider, 24" Seagaur 4# flouro leader, #6 red Owner mosquito hook and frsh caught ghost shrimp for bait.

2013 corb count
4 trips, 5 corbina
score card UnReel 5 , corbina 3

Tight lines,
B

This message has been edited. Last edited by: UnReel,

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Dude ! An absolutely beautiful fish and a true tanker Cool
I wish I had those backwater fish dialed.

Cool to get the killer glory pic. I am also usually alone a don't often get those pics.

Arg... looks like the Daiwa Coastal got a blast of sand.

2014 surf croaker:
corbina: 27
sfc: 0

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Thanks bud. Nice to get a tanker corb in the first four trips. I'll take it LOL!!! The reel is actualy a Daiwa Exceller 2000 and ya the corb got a bit wild and knocked the rod/reel over and rolled it into the sand when I was trying to get a pic of it. Reel cleaned up nicely though and there's no issues thank god.

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post