CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    corbina redemtion 4-22-13 report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

corbina redemtion 4-22-13 report
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Made bait yesterday on a off tide and the Ghost shrimp where wide open. 3 -4 per pump was the norm. Made a quick 30 or 40 with the wife and dog again and then ran back home to put'em in the fridge.
Headed out before work this morning with Blake ( our line spooler and wind on leader maker at Charkbait) and John ( the manager from Charkbait). We hit the spot at 6am and went to work. It started off slow but picked up as the morning went on. I managed one good biter from the right kind while pitching and dragging a GS on 4# and got it to the sand. Nicer 20 to 22" model. Few pics

Hook up !!!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Nice fat chromer , clean fish too

Glory shot, dont get much of them as I'm solo most often.

Release pic

We fished untill 8:30 but got no more corb action. Didnt see any in the shallow water either.Butts where biting though, managed 4 myself up to about 18", John had a couple too. Fun morning on the sand and conditions looked good for the bite to pick up too.

2013 corb count
3 trips for 2 corbs
Scorecard = UnReel 2 , Corbs 3 for the season

tight lines,
B

This message has been edited. Last edited by: UnReel,

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's an awesome fish.
Sure is heavy for a 22" er.

2014 surf croaker:
corbina: 27
sfc: 0

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Hey Behdad, do you take your bendo pics with a hand held camera ?

2014 surf croaker:
corbina: 27
sfc: 0

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Good morning bud, ya I use an Olympus stylus 850 S/W for the bendo and release pics. Scored it about 5 or 6 years ago for 99.99 at Comp USA or Staples.

B

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post