CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    Storm Corbina 2-15-12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Storm Corbina 2-15-12
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Hit a nice little go to spot this morning for a few hrs. Got there around 10:45am or so. Just in time to fish the incomming tide. Weather was terrible with 10 to 15knt winds and light rain to heavy rain at times but the fish where biting good. Using ghost shrimp for bait I was able to round up 2 or 3 tomcod, 2-3 yellowfin croaker, 2 decent corbs and around a dozen monster topsmelt. Used 4lb clear izor main line to 4lb Seagaur flouro, #6 red owner mosquito hook and a 1/4 ounce sliding sinker. Pitched and draged the baits across the bottom sloooowly to get the bites. Fish where deep and feeding in small area on the deeper edge of a eelgrass bed.

All fish C&R'ed

Here's a couple pics of the corbs

First corb of the morning

Second corb of the morning

Tight lines,
Behdad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: UnReel,

Posts: 171 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
posted Hide Post
wish i had that kind of spot to test out my new phenix crappie rod. this may be a wild assumption, but do you have any suggestions on where i could try some c&r bay or shoreline fishing?

Posts: 9 | Registered: 16 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post