CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    Pre work bay session 2-21-24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre work bay session 2-21-24
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Got up at 4:30am and headed to the bay to hook up with my coworker Brandon and do some corb hunting. Plan was to pitch and drag some live ghost shrimp along the bay shoreline in hopes of tracking down some winter corbs. We haven't been out in a month and we only had the last portion of the outgoing tide to work with so we weren't expecting much but hey have to look sometime.
After grabbing a coffee and rigging up at the car I was finally on the sand around 5:45am. Brandon arrived about 15 min behind me. We both were loaded up with fresh GS and we started hopscotching up and down the beach and roughly 30 to 40 min into the session I get a bite and its the right kind. Quick fight and a smaller 12 to 14" corb is on the sand. Saweeet !!! Even better, I caught the fish on a brand new custom wrapped Shikari 9' 6wt flyrod blank wrapped as a spinner and the first fish it gets is a corb. Nothing like some corbina karma on the new stick. Anyway, released the fish and went back to work. We fished pretty hard until 9am and between us we landed 1 corb, 3 small sandbass ,1 white croaker, 6 short butt's, 7 big smelt, 1 banjo shark, 1 small bat ray and 1 lizard. Fun session and it was great to share the shoreline with Brandon. We're going to have some nice fish reports this season for you guys.

Pic of the small corb

2014 corbina total
5 trips for 6 corbina to 20"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: UnReel,

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post