CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    Does anyone target surf fishing at night?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone target surf fishing at night?
 Login/Join

Captain
posted
Browsing through all the reports from UnReel it seems like the surf fishing is an AM thing only? I live in the North OC area too but i'm not a morning person. I've read that Bolsa Chica is a good area for this type of fishing along with high concentrations of sand fleas in the sand. Also does anyone know of any surf fishing seminars coming up. I looked around and the most recent one i could find was from 2016. This is the type if fishing i want to get into, theres something about throwing a line in the water with the sound of the ocean and sand between my toes. Almost theraputic.

89 Reinell CSF Cuddy 21.5Ft

Posts: 142 | Registered: 14 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
You need to drop over and spend some time with Beta and Brandon. Beta has the local surf thing down, very good teacher and likes to share. He's opened up this local opportunity to Brandon as well as other guys who work here and dozens of others who have come to our shop...and ended up spending a couple hours getting up to speed. Very good return on your time if you can get your butt over to the shop sometime.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
I'll swing on by. I think this may be the same Brandon that dropped off bunch of pictures on the SCSurffishing website. Thanks Chark! I picked a BG 2000 a few weeks ago right before closing time and will use it as an ultralight setup for surf/trout rig.

89 Reinell CSF Cuddy 21.5Ft

Posts: 142 | Registered: 14 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Iggy:
This is the type if fishing i want to get into, theres something about throwing a line in the water with the sound of the ocean and sand between my toes. Almost theraputic.

Yup, also my type of vacation, man. Therapeutic indeed.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 12 September 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post