CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    Pre work bay session 4-28-14 calm before the winds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre work bay session 4-28-14 calm before the winds
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Made about 40 to 50 GS from 1 1/2 to 2" yesterday that I'd hoped to use for corbs and spots this morning on the beach but after checking the surf reports last night and seeing head high to 3' overhead surf with building winds today I decided to hit the bay and see what we could scrape up. Picked up my coworker Blake at 5:20am and was at the spot just before 6am. Made the treck to the waters edge and started working the shoreline. Water was flat calm, no winds and clear sky's. 15 min into the session I get a bite that feels like the right kind and it was. Nice 18" or so corb hit the sand.

18" graylight corb

Released the fish and went back to work. About 20 min later I finally get another bite and it's another two spot sole. Nice 12" or so model.

Two spot sole

another angle

Shortly after releasing to sole the winds went from nothing to 20 to 30kts making fishing almost impossible. Gave it he!! for another hr for nothing but more wind. Called it a morning at 9am.

Tight lines,
B

2014 Croaker count
7 Corbina to 20"
3 Spotfin Croaker to 23"

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post