CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    Killer pre work beach session , 4 corbs, North O.C 10-24-14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer pre work beach session , 4 corbs, North O.C 10-24-14
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
I pumped up a killer batch of 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inch ghost shrimp this past Wednesday and had them stored in the fridge for a pre work session this morning. Unfortunately none of the other CB crew could make it so I ran solo this morning. Boy did they miss out Wink
Up at 5am to load up the truck with the gear, 5:30am I hit the coffee shop for a large Smiler then it was off to do some scouting on the beach. Arrived at the AO at 6:15 and rigged up. Line in the water around 6:45am. Used the 9' custom Shikari 6wt rod, Lexa 2000 spinner loaded with Izor clear 4# main, 1/4 ounce slider, small swivel, 2' of Seaguar 4# flouro to a #6 red Owner mosquito hook. Surf was about 2 to 4' , water was clean and warm. No other anglers around, just a few surfers. First hr of fishing was ok but it went fricken stupid from 8am to 9am with a bite almost every cast. Ended the session with 18 BSP from dink 3"ers to nice 11 to 12" models, 5 walleye perch all solid 7"ers, 4 corbina ( one 16" and three 18"ers) and 3 smooth hound sharks all around 20"s. Just after 9am (top of the high) the bite died liked someone flipped a switch to the off position. Crazy !!!! Called it a session at 9:15and headed to work. Great way to start the day and I'll post some pics tonight.

Tight lines,
B

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post