CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    Quick pre work corb session, Big'n 4-5 report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick pre work corb session, Big'n 4-5 report
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Quick report, this morning I hit up the same spot I found the corbs at yesterday afternoon. Fished from 6am untill 7:30am and managed 1 small butt and a sweet 23 to 24" corb. Again it fell to a small GS fished on a #8 hook and 4# fluoro to 4# main and my trusty 10' custom Shikari rod. Tough fish too!!!!!

Hookup !!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Tanker corb on the sand

Released to fight another day

Looks like things are shaping up,
Behdad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: UnReel,

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of Agate D
posted Hide Post
Do you ever fish in Oceanside? What do you use?

Posts: 767 | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Another nice one, Beta!

Posts: 108 | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Agate D, No dont usualy surf fish below Newport Beach. Mostly stay between Long Beach and upper Newport Beach depending on the time of the year. As for my setup, 10' (custom wrapped by myself) Shikari 5wt flyrod wrapped as a spinning rod, Daiwa Coastal 2500 spinning reel loaded with 4# clear izor, small 1/4 ounce egg,small swivel, 2 to 3' 4# fluoro leader to a #8 owner red mosquito hook and fresh caught ghost shrimp. Pitch them out and slow drag them back in.

Mikey, thanks bud, you gotta try for them down your way, bet its epic in the back bay.

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post