CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    04/29/12: S LA Surf – 1 Bean
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

04/29/12: S LA Surf – 1 Bean
 Login/Join

2nd Ticket
posted
04/29/12: S LA Surf – 1 Bean

Session: 1st light for 3 hrs
3:13 am high tide: 4.0’
10:41 am low tide: 0.5’

H2O ~ 60; 3-4’+ SSW swell; no current or salad problems; cloudy w a slight breeze & chop.
Moon: 1st quarter; 47% illumination
Barometer: Must’ve been falling

Ammo:
Phenix Recon phx-763: 7’ 6” Med-Fast 6lb-12lb
Shimano Stradic FJ 100; 15 lb power pro; 8lb Seagear floro leader
Sand crab; 3/8 oz carolina rig; #6 Owner Mutu Light circle hook

[u]#s[/u]
1 Corbina
1 Yellowfin Croaker

A south LA beach for my first Charkbait report...
I headed up to LA County to get away from the swell that was pumping pretty well down in S OC and it was even making for some shore pound up here.
The tide didn’t look right, was dropping, and seemed to be getting worse re fishability.

I was trying a new area [for me] to recon for beans. There were beans at home but the crowd, the surf, and the desire to explore drove me N.

I got my fish early in the morning and should have stayed right there, but I was done with watchin’ a couple of guys gaff and stack SNGF on the sand, so I worked quite a ways up the beach for nada. A few guys were catchin’ flat ones (some legal) on the Krocs.

Not much #s or quality, but chalked up one more slider to the count.
This little guy was trying hard to make it to 17”

2014 surf croaker:
corbina: 27
sfc: 0

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Nice job !!! and thanks for the report.

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post