CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    HB Harbor Colors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HB Harbor Colors
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
I've been away for awhile but getting back into fishing Huntington Harbor. Looking forward to seeing if my old spots still work. Wondering if anyone has a go to lure or color. Sadly I don't really have time to use/gather any live baits so looking to stock up on the plastics. Any pointers welcome. Thanks.

-AW

Posts: 3 | Registered: 08 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Smiler . Really depends on what your trying to catch but here's a few options for you.

I like single tail grub about 2 to 3" in length on a ball head jighead. Colors in light yellow, orange, pink or red. When dragged or popped across the bottom it mimics a ghost shrimp. Great for bass, croaker and halibut.

3 and 4" swim baits on a 1/4 to 1/2 ounce leadhead. Swim bait colors in white, chartreuse and smelt colors (aqua back and silver belly). Great for bass and halibut.

Shallow and deep diving 2 to 4 or 5" crank baits like our toro tamer inshore and surf series diver minnow and any of the 4 colors are good ones.

If you have the chance swing by and talk with Blake or Brandon or myself and we'll get you dialed in.

Good luck,
B

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinhead
posted Hide Post
Great info, thanks. As soon as I get the chance I'll be by to pick up some of those recs, particularly interested in the toro tamer gear. See you soon

-AW

Pinhead
posted Hide Post
Went by the shop few weeks back and you guys gave some awesome pointers. Haven't had a chance to hit the harbors but you sold me on giving surf fishing a shot. Hit the sand with the worms and hooks you set me up with and I killed it out there. Great day on the water. Thanks guys.

-AW

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report and the pic. Nice BSP and it's great to see you had fun time on the beach. Good luck in the harbor and keep the reports coming Smiler

See you on the sand,

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post