CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    The good, the bad, and the ugly corbina report 4-17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The good, the bad, and the ugly corbina report 4-17
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Had some left over bait so I decided to try to press my luck and hit a corb spot again on Wed. Had to drop my sons car of at the allignment shop at 7am so I got a late start. Arrived at around 9am and went to work. The good: fish where biting. First thing I did was pitch out a GS and fished it dead stick style while I tried to make a few more baits. Not five min later i hear the drag and run and grab the rod, Couple nice headknocks and the fish runs me around something and tangles up. First fish lost. Started pitching and dragging ghosites and worked a little 100' section of shoreline. The bad: around 10:30am my cell phone rings and its the allignment shop letting me know my sons car is done. While talking to the guy I get slammed !!!! Cant set the hook as my hands are full. Fish is peeling drag and headknocking hard as I'm trying to get off the phone asap. Finally get off the phone and turn the handle a couple time trying to get back tight on the fish and the hook pulls. DohHHHH !!!!! Damn , 0-2 now. The ugly : retie and keep pitching and draggin for about another 30 min and I get another biter. Set the hook and ZZZZZ then slack ? reel in the line to find my 4lb leader broke off mid leader. Damn it !!!!! 0-3. Prob my worst day corb'n. Dont think I dumped 3 all together last year. Oh well, still early and I guess I need to work the rust off LOL!!!

Got some bait left over and hope to try a couple other early season spots the sat and sun.

2013 corb count (everything else is bycatch)
2 trips, 1 corbina
Season score card, UnReel 1 Corbina 3

Tight lines,
B

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post