CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    Rain or shine it's corbina time . Pre work report 11-29-13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rain or shine it's corbina time . Pre work report 11-29-13
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
I wise man once told me "it's easier to keep a streak going than it is to start a new one" so with that in my head and some left over bait from this past Monday's bait making session I headed for the go to spot in the bay. Checked the weather report and it said 20% chance of showers and the doppler looked clear out to Catalina so at 5am I took off and grabbed a coffee from the nearby donut shop and headed to the spot. Got the spot and it was still o.k weather wise. Made a couple casts and its started raining and never stopped after that. Pretty wet session but manages a flatfish slam ( one turbo, one sole and one small butt) , landed a couple more giant jacksmelt. Was soaked, cold and ready for another hot coffee and was ready to give up at 8:15am but new it was bite time so I gave it one more cast and guess what ? tap tap tap and ZZZZZZZZZZ it was game on. Nice little tussle and a nice 16" corb hits the sand to keep the streak alive. Called it a morning after that and headed to work. Pic of the corb below.

Little bit of rain

In the rain corb

close up

Release pics

All fish caught on 4# main, 4# fluoro, 1/4 ounce slider, ghost shrimp for bait and the 10' noodle rod.

Tight lines,
B

2013 Corb count
22 trips, 27 corbina (top fish 24")
7 spotfin (top fish 18")

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
'Looks like it was raining pretty good. I'da ran for coffee Big Grin
Nice job and cool flatty slam.

2014 surf croaker:
corbina: 27