CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Bays & Surf    bay report for 11-26-13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bay report for 11-26-13
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Tides have been tough to make bait on the past few weeks but Monday morning I finally got the chance to hit the "A" bait spot and it paid off. Made 40 to 50 ghost shrimp in about a 1 1/2 hrs. Took them home and put'em in the fridge to chill out a bit. This morning I hit the go to spot in the bay at o dark thirty and fished until 8:30am. Managed a 18" corb in the first 20 in on a small innkeeper worm I caught while pumping shrimp yesterday. Nice clean fish and a tough fighter in the cooler water. After that a dead black cat washed up in front of me and things went south LOL!!! had 2 bite off's on the 4# fluoro and 1 breakoff. Did land 2 large jacksmelt and 1 turbo before having to leave to go to work and open the shop though. Great day on the sand, calm wind, warm air and decent water temps.

Pic of the pre work corb

Tight lines,
B

2013 Corb count
20 trips, 24 corbina (top fish 24")
7 spotfin (top fish 18")

This message has been edited. Last edited by: UnReel,

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Nice bait run. I assume we'll see a few more upcoming reports with that nice fresh supply Wink
Nice corb.
Always dig the winter reports.
The last week I've hitting some beach up your direction.

2014 surf croaker:
corbina: 27
sfc: 0

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
A fresh morning corb report for ya Wink.

Been doing any good up this way ? last report I saw/read from you it looked like you where in Dana pt area or La Jolla area and you popped a few good ones. Great pics too. Now that the beach crowds have died down I need to do some scouting in the area's your prob fishing now Wink

2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
The couple weeks prior to Thanksgiving I ended up working surfside. ‘Got a few decent quality N OC fish.
Those pics you speak of were DP-south Laguna area. Your area prob still better right now.
Ya, I love to fish the winter crowds…. only surfers now.

2014 surf croaker:
corbina: 27
sfc: 0

Posts: 27 | Registered: 11 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Sunset/Surfside was my corb stomping grounds for years. Loved that area. Even in summer as the crowds stay low there. Always did good around the 8th house from the naval station jetty.
Haven't targeted any corbs below Little Corona. After checking out those Laguna /Dana pics I might have to venture a bit farther south Wink , tough though as most of my fishing is before work.