CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  CharkBait Forum  Hop To Forums  CharkBoard Chat    Metaloid spinner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Metaloid spinner
 Login/Join

Captain
posted
Any word on release date? Anyone see a prototype? Could this be a Saltist or bicycle company killer?

Posts: 87 | Registered: 10 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Played with 'em at ICAST, will be here sooner than later - same story with the Makaira spinners. Was expecting 'em in December...need to check, and will do while I'm at the show this week in Sacramento and get back to you.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Met Spin

Posts: 1295 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Makaira and Metaloid spinners have had their release dates pushed back - maybe early summer?

Great Stuff!
Mark

Captain
posted Hide Post
Word around the dock is release cancelled?

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
We'll see whats up by ICAST time. Not the first time that a new one has been delayed when testing showed up a weakness. Good for them to go conservative with an introduction - don't do it until it's right! Beyond that it's some marketing decisions. I'm thinking Okuma's strength in more affordable spinning reels translates well for the upper end. We'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the feedback Froggy.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Captain
posted Hide Post
When will they figure out spinning reels? Strong gears, long and very sturdy handle, good drag and good bearings. Seems people think a reel with 15 bearings must be better than one with less. Next thing is a box made out of bearings.
Our new reel 2000 bearings!!! Gotta get one.

Captain
posted Hide Post
Yikes, the wrath of froggy. I wonder if they worry?

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Box made out of bearings... Got home from work last night and my youngest son comes up and asks if we can go to 7 Eleven to buy a Fidget Spinner. What the heck is that...well, it's not a box made from bearings but it is a small chunk of plastic with four bearings and it has become a "must have" for young kids. Started out as an ADD type thing for hands that needed to be busy doing something - spinning... So, there's another use for bearings besides reels!

I've seen a few reels that seem to offer far more bearings than can possibly make sense. I'm thinking a few good ones make more sense than 18 questionable ones. Bearing numbers are like max drag numbers on spinning reels - almost meaningless to the performance and, often as not, it's an inverse relationship to their true quality.

Great Stuff!
Mark