CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  CharkBait Forum  Hop To Forums  CharkBoard Chat    WHATS YOUR 1 FAVORITE REEL
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHATS YOUR 1 FAVORITE REEL
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of DODOMAN
posted
HELLO EVERYONE. i curious to know what is you one favorite reel , only one of choice prefer salt water.

as for me , its the torque 200, im so in press with it, could not believe the distance it can give , the high speed gearing and the impressive color and the smooth grip ( handle )

i would rate this reel as my first to go for jig casting, just love um.

how about you guys.

COMING TO YOU LIVE !!

Posts: 1140 | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
For balls-to-the-walls stroke casting for distance, I'd have to say my 40+ year-old Jigmaster--especially since Matt's reconditioning made it run even better than new.

Posts: 302 | Registered: 17 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
posted Hide Post
Now...it's the SX-2 before it was the Newell 220
they remind me of a freshwater mini the Abu 1500that i once caught a 60 lb tarpon on 8lb did chase it...if you want to catch or try to big fish...put the SX out with four other 30-50 and troll...last winte/spring bahamas...they were partial to the SX rod

Posts: 5 | Registered: 14 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Wow, any size tarpon on 8# is great, IMO!

Noticing your first post, happy to say welcome aboard!

Crew
posted Hide Post
Planet
Thanks for the welcome...I should elaborate on the technique...in the TOTO off andros...25 footer..got a couple of dolphin and one wahoo...after three hours of stern gazing...put a Long A on the SX well at the speed it would not stay down so picked up the rod and proceeded to drop back more line but held the rod...it poped up again so i droped the tip and a hit 20-30 wahoo...what a great fish...continued the technique...now toughest fish was 50-60 yellow fin same tech..it helped with the two speed...have lost a few not to the set up but to my errors...its filled with 50 izor/spect

Posts: 5 | Registered: 14 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Beth
posted Hide Post
My favorite reel is my purple MX 2. It's my dedicated Mexico reel with my matching purple Toad Tamer, given to me by my boss cause I caught him in a good mood. Both are purple and when ever I use them I rock the Pargo Lisa! To much fun.

but someday I need to learn how to use the 2 speed part of it. What a dumb girl I am! :-)

Beth

Posts: 75 | Registered: 29 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
I know you guys are gonna laugh but please remember that i'm more of an inshore fisherman. My favorite is the Daiwa 153 HST. It'll catch about anything up to 20 pounds and i have 30 pound braid on it. Its my go to reel. I second that to my Daiwa Sealine 30 HSV. This one is my jigger and the other one is for swimbaits.

89 Reinell CSF Cuddy 21.5Ft

Posts: 142 | Registered: 14 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Big Fish
posted Hide Post
IMHO, I'd have to say any Avet reel. I have several of their reels, in all sizes and lines and I simply think they are THE BEST! They are well made, look nice, handle just about anything, and don't cost an arm and a leg. Oh, they're also made in the good 'ol USA, so we're not sending our greenbacks to the far east. A well made product! Smiler

Posts: 73 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Boss Accurate 665N

Posts: 224 | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of DODOMAN
posted Hide Post
good choice ollie bear.

COMING TO YOU LIVE !!

Posts: 1140 | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
posted Hide Post
My JX-2 is an awesome reel. Very smooth drag & 2 speed strokes the fish.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 28 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Tiburon 12. Nothin' like it!! Albies to wahoo to 100 lb YFT. Spins like a top!

Posts: 32 | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard SBLASHELL! Yeah hoo! :-)

Tibs are great, too. I have the 8 and the 7540...

Captain
posted Hide Post
Depends on the type of trip I'm going on. I like a lot of reels depending on the line class.

If I had to pick just one I guess it'd be a ProGear 280 w/25#.

Posts: 166 | Registered: 26 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Old School Jigmaster converted to a 501 Newelled out with a speed handle . I killed more fish with that reel than any others that I have owned . I regret selling it and my baby Squidder when we left California .

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post