CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  CharkBait Forum  Hop To Forums  CharkBoard Chat    First Blue Fin Tuna of the Year on New Custom Rod
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Blue Fin Tuna of the Year on New Custom Rod
 Login/Join

2nd Ticket
posted
Mark, I recently went on my first long range 4-day fishing trip on the Searcher on July 16-20, 2014. I had a custom rod built by SATO Custom Rods (Seeker 6480 blank, deckhand style with twin turk's heads and cord wrapped handle).I had an opportunity to "break-in" the rod in by catching my first blue fin tuna of the year which turned out to be an 85.5lbs "beast." I used an Avet HXJ Black 2 speed (purchased from Charkbait)with 85lbs Toro Tamer Hollow braid, 40lbs Izorline mono & 35lbs Backwater Fluro. Furthermore, it turned out to be the "jackpot Winner." I can't wait until next month trip....You can view photos on Searcher Sportfishing.com

Posts: 38 | Registered: 11 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the success. What a wonderful season we are enjoying! Certainly the best fishing I've seen in 30 years.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1367 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post