CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  CharkBait Forum  Hop To Forums  CharkBoard Chat    Letter to the Royal Star
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Letter to the Royal Star
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Bfun ,I agree that there are two sides to every story but I'm not so sure that hearing the other side in this case would make a difference. I also think that the author of this thread is a straight up sort that will print an apoligy if he is wrong . He did state that there were many things that he accomplished on this very boat and there were two great crew members. So the RS didn't really take that bad of a thrashing YET .

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
posted Hide Post
JMHO. Like I said I wasn't on the trip and I don't know pigsticker. Flame away then if you like.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 11 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of pigsticker
posted Hide Post
I tell things like they are. No bullshit. No p.c.
I left home at 17 and refused to take shit from anyone since then and don't. I am in the same service industry as the boys on the boats, I just kill furry animals and not fish.

I would not experience 380-576 percent growth in my business, every year for the last 5 years if I treated folks the same way.
I pay thousands and thousands of dollars, every 2 years for a great time.

When Tim and Randy are on the boat, the crew is great. The moral was.....when the 2 Owners are off the boat, the crew, all except Joey and Brian, are way off the Mark.

I had some very serious fishing dreams become a reality on their vessel, for that, I will always be greatful.
But, 2 out of 3 trips, to have the crew be in that way?? Thanks but no. The RRIII and the Intrepid, will be much more appreciative of my money.
I don't hang out in bars, nor do I drink...Therefore I EXPECT the Capt. to maintain the vessel with some sense of decorum. This Man was getting skid row drunk almost daily.
Nothing said or done to stop it.
I would reather move to the Charkbait charters.

Posts: 893 | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
Can you make the Charkbait sept 4 day piggie?

Posts: 262 | Registered: 21 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of AzFish
posted Hide Post
TRAPT IN ARIZONA - Get the heck out of my state if you do not like it here!!!

Posts: 131 | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of DODOMAN
posted Hide Post
fellas fellas chill please, there are many different kinds of boats out there, some good and some bad. as for the bad i do not complain much but im pretty sure if i was to ride the boat again it might have some changes, its always good to boat hop and sea for your self what looks good to you.

COMING TO YOU LIVE !!

Posts: 1140 | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of Agate D
posted Hide Post
Just got to thinking---the Intrepid has been mentioned as the "holy grail" on a lot of these posts. Has anyone actually ridden her yet??

Posts: 773 | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Shes not even supposed to bust a grape till the 30th. Although I have the stangest feeling she'll be tied up when we get back on the 1st.

"Learn from the experts, you won't live long enough to figure it all out on your own..."

Posts: 178 | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
posted Hide Post
WOW! All I mentioned is maybe take a little time before the rant. The rant may well be deserved . . . I don't know, I wasn't there. I'll say this . . . it sure didn't take much to get the anger going and the blood pressure up.

I never mentioned anything about you not telling things as you see them, taking stuff from anyone, B.S., or P.C. I never brought up when or why you left home because none of these things matter to this story. Your credibility was never questioned. I will say congratulations on the outstanding growth of your business. I wish I owned stock like that.

I'm in a service industry also, about thirty five years now. I've done more than my share of investigating complaints. It's what I do. One thing I've learned is that there are always at least two sides to every story. There may have been internal discilpine that you are not aware of. There may also have been other statements that don't corroborate your story.

If you don't like the boat, go on another. If you had a bad experience, move on.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 11 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of pigsticker
posted Hide Post
Uhhhhh. I have said that many times. I am moving on.

I just like the thought of fishing with the " CHarkies ".

Unfortunately, I can not do the Sept. 07 trip. I will be doing extensive Whitetail scouting as our season opens 9/15/07.

We don't take any hunters until the 3rd weekend of Oct. but, I scout excessively for 8-12 weeks before the season.

I wish all of you the best on the trip.

Posts: 893 | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of AzFish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trapt in Arizona:
Oh man I should have remembered that boat.

Man its times like these when I hear about all these great boats & trips that I truly feel Trapt in Arizona. I hate this place. I cannot wait to move to the beach.

Get out of my state.

Posts: 131 | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Isn't AZ a beach sans water ?

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
I can recommend one boat...

I have only been on the Polaris Supreme for a long-range trip (many, many, many single-day charters). The boat, the crew, the passengers, the fishing, the food, the experience, all went far above and beyond my wildest imagination. I learned so much about fishing and life. I still correspond with four of the guys I met regularly via e-mail and/or phone (and Susan, the administrator, of course), one of them is taking the next trip with me (same boat). Four of us are talking about a 16-day trip. On the other hand, two guys whom I like and respect disliked aspects of the trip (one was upset about the fishing, one thought the deck hands could have done more). I am not easy to please, but I have no comparison except what I have read about, watched on video, or dreamed. On the Polaris Supreme, my dreams were second-class compared to the actual event. I truly hope that your next trip is as satisfying to you--to us all.

Posts: 302 | Registered: 17 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of DODOMAN
posted Hide Post
any longrange boat is always at its best. to keep things in order , the more you pay on a better boat the more you,ll get.

bottom line.

COMING TO YOU LIVE !!

Posts: 1140 | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of Agate D
posted Hide Post
Did the Intrepid sail on the 30th?

Posts: 773 | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post