Find
Notify
Tools

Intrepid
 Login/Join

2nd Ticket
posted
Hi folks,
I just joined charkboards and was reading some of the old posts. I was wondering, what was the issue about the Intepid not being a member of the fleet? Has the issue been resolved?

Posts: 37 | Registered: 14 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Big Fish
posted Hide Post
They are part of the San Diego long range fleet, but they are NOT part of the "Code Group". It does not appear as that has hampered their fish finding ability one bit though, as they consistently put the boat on quality fish!

Posts: 73 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
I'm from New Jersey, could you explain what that code group thing is.

Posts: 37 | Registered: 14 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
good old boy's

Posts: 85 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of SoCalAngler
posted Hide Post
The "Code Group" in this case is a group of boats that share fishing info like good fishing or bad, right conditions, good sign of fish or not and other on the water fishing related news. Like already stated the Intrepid has had its fare share of great fishing so not being a part of this so called "Group" it hasn't looked like it has hurt them. I know most captians share info with one another and who is to say the Intrepid dosn't share and receive such info outside of the so called "Code Group"? Heck, one of most epic BFT trips I was on we got the info of where the fish were at by a spotter plane and they were working for the net boats. My point being that most captians can and do get alot of info outside of the "Code Group".

Posts: 410 | Registered: 22 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Jerseytuna , I too am in Jersey . When I went Offshore on the Tuna Seiners in the early 70's we used code groups as much to find fish as to keep an eye on the Navies of other Country's who would try and catch us fishing inside the line . A good Boat/Crew will get their share as the Intrepid has . When we are Inshore here in Pt.pleasent . We use our cellphones to share info/call in other boats to the bite . That's our code group .

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of SDTuna09
posted Hide Post
Code group...One has to go back to when in fact the LR emerging fleet did use spotter planes and the Code group paid for these services. then as the former captains begain mentoring new captains and such and technology changed then it got very closed mouth outside the Code group.

The 1/2 day boats, the overnight fleet and the multi day fleet all have ther "Code Group"

The owner abd builkder of the intrepid was not of the ZLR fleet but a successful business man and entrapeneur who loved fishing, fisrt class service and an opportunity to meet an expanding clientel. Thus the Intrepid was born.

The Intrepid is a world class fishing plateform, and first class in service and dedication to meeting the needs of its clients. Fishing is fishing but the Intrepid puts in its fair share of great trips together by all accvounts so they must be doing something right.

SDTuna

Posts: 248 | Registered: 05 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of pigsticker
posted Hide Post
I know for a fact, that the Intrepid is STILL on the outside looking in at the " Code Group " I spend a good deal of time on the phone with Carol.

It really doesn't matter at all since the Intrepid has spent much of her time, handing the code group their butt's in catches.

Their service, their catches and the fact that they are NEVER on their own website, bragging about how " Their service, support and catches speak volumes about them.

The compfort level. The amenities. The roominess.

The best part?? The word of mouth that OTHERRRRSSSSSS are doing instead of the self annointing crap.

That is why I am fishing with them at the end of Jan. on a 15dayer.

Posts: 893 | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of SDTuna09
posted Hide Post
Bro...I am so stoked for your trip and will await daily updates from Cow Town...
Your up for a grand trip and some personal bests are coming my friend.

SDTuna

Captain
posted Hide Post
I went on The Intrepid my first time because I wnted a smooth riding boat with air conditioning and DVD Satellite in the room . I hate Traveling all day, especially on a boat. My next couple of times were because the boat didn't have that long list of a priveliged clientele that felt they owned the boat. Well all that is starting to change sooner than I thought. So many people really love that boat. What keeps me looking at going backis the total cost up front policy, no fees, surcharges and fuel add on cost due at boarding. Any boat will be great, just have to work a little harder and keep a good Starboard attitude.

sweet charity

Posts: 446 | Registered: 27 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
I have been on the Intrepid for a 15 day trip. It was awesome. The ride, food, and amenities are all first class. But the real reason to ride is the captain.

Kevin Osborne knows the lower banks better than anyone. He skippered private yachts for years down there to gain this knowledge. Not being in "the code" does not hurt him, it hurts all of those that keep the INTREPID out. Most of the time, they could use Kevin's info. Some do share with him, but just do it in a way that the "premodonas" don't know or find out.

The only other captain that comes close is Brian Kiyahora on the AA. He is one of the most open minded and easy going people anyone could know.

Just my opinion about it, you all are welcome to yours~~~

And just FYI---the Intrepid just got a skiff! (what a no brainer!)

Posts: 32 | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for Mark to setup one of his charters on the Intrepid.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 28 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
posted Hide Post
How 'bout that Chark? I'd certainly ride the Intrepid, but never the Rooster again. JMHO

Posts: 22 | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of SDTuna09
posted Hide Post
RR III ?

SDTuna

Captain
Picture of pigsticker
posted Hide Post
C'mon Chark. How bout it Babycakes? Let's do the Intrepid. The 15 dayer for the Rod Rack will be the last one next year. Then that spot will be open in 2012.

I myself will book.

Posts: 893 | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post