Notify
Tools

Cabo Hammered
 Login/Join

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted
Received this note from one of our clients who owns a place near Cabo.

Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:09 PM
Subject: Mark, Posted 30 minutes ago Coming apart at the seams quickly

Thought you’d like to know

Some cell service has been resumed in Cabo and we received a short message from our property manager. Our home is in Pedregal. This is his message untouched:

"House trashed, boys working there now panic everywhere, we are in survival mode, chaos rules at the moment, looting and robberies, murders etc"

I was also told by a Cabo neighbor who has been in touch with a Boat Captain via Satellite Phone, that any large boats with fuel are leaving Cabo for the mainland because of t...he danger. There is now looting at Costco and the Cabo Bello Community as well.

If there is no military and humanitarian intervention, we will be another Haiti and the Cabo that we have loved for 18 years will be gone for many years to come. I am numb.
-----------------------------------------------

Terrible situation in Cabo, sounds safer to be on a boat and away from population area than stuck at a hotel.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1365 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:
It's been 2 weeks since the storm and most services have been restored since Sunday. The government is working very hard to get Cabo and San Jose back on track for the upcoming fishing tournaments. Many of the resorts are without windows and with a limited amount of glass companies it's going to be interesting. CABO marina fared pretty well but San Jose took a major hit. I went fishing Monday and we were the only boat out....really weird. Before the storm the tuna bite at the Iman and Gordo was really good with several 200 plus and one over 300. As of Sunday only a handful of boats going out as everyone is in the clean up and repair mode.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1365 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post