CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  CharkBait Forum  Hop To Forums  CharkBoard Chat    Help with homework
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with homework
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
Hello All,
I am a student at Cabrillo College in Santa Cruz, Ca. i am currently working on a ethnography for my Anthropology class. The topic is recreational fishermen: thier ideals, fishing companion preferences, rituals or superstitions, and home life. I am hoping some fishermen can these questions for me. I really appreciate your time and information! Thank you so much.
How old are you?
Where do you fish?
Do you tend to fish locally?
How often do you fish(how many days in a row, days a week, weeks a year)?
Please tell me 2-3 ways you would you describe yourself(i.e. independent, fierce, reserved, quick thinker, humble)/
Do you prefer fish alone or with companions?
Do you choose your fishing companions based on skill level or personal reasons(i.e. your buddy your family, etc.)?
How willingly do you share information regarding your fishing spots? if you share it , who do you share it with??
Do you have any rituals, rules or routines you follow to increase your chances of catching fish?
Do you ever purposely fish under limits, if so , why?

I realize there are quite a few questions and some of this is personal information. I intend to keep it anonymous, I will delete this thread on Tuesday evening. Thank you for any and all input.

Thanks again, Jenny Roth

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
I'm 55 . I fish in New Jersey . I fish Locally . I fish at least once a week . I'm an Old Hippie , I fish hard , and I love to fish with my Wife . I fish whenever I can alone or with anyone who shows up . I have been accused of burning spots but I gladley share info with most people . I don't shave my beard during Tuna Season ,I fish with what I have faith in . I ALWAYS tell my Wife that I love her before I go . The only limiting factor that I have is time constraints .

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinhead
posted Hide Post
Ol Pedro,
Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. your information is priceless. Could you tell me what "burning spots" means?
Thanks Again!
Jenny

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
An example of burning a spot is when I gave the exact location where a bunch of underwater tree's are off Rollercoaster Point on Prospertown Lake during the Spring Crappie Run . Some people won't share information and take offense when some of us do . If I reported that we Mugged the Stripers off Red Church on my local fishing website . I would get numrous PM's that I burnt their spot .

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of SDTuna09
posted Hide Post
How many credit hours is the paper worth?
Trade credit hours for gift cards at charkbait?

SDTuna

Posts: 248 | Registered: 05 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post