Find
Notify
Tools

Andros S 16
 Login/Join

2nd Ticket
posted
Chark,

I have been very impressed with what I have seen on the new Andros reels. I have thought about using the 16 as a dedicated Mutton Snapper reel in the Gulf of Mexico. Load it with Momoi 30 or 40 mono and place it on a medium fast carbon fiber nine foot rod for party boat fishing. I'm looking at fishing in less than 250 ft. Do you think this would work or am I outside of the reels capabilities?

Regards,
Mac

Posts: 33 | Registered: 25 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
A little off the subject, but why do you need a 9 foot rod for bottom fishing?? You do fish for muttons on the bottom, don't you?

Posts: 264 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
I think the 16 will fit into a lot of guys plans, also like the two versions of the 12 size. There will be many applications these reels will fit into. I've owned the two speeds in this series, both of them from the previous generation, and like the reels VERY much. The new series will do those one better I believe.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1352 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
quote:
ak-fish
Deckhand
Captain
posted 16 December 2014 06:08 PM Hide Post
A little off the subject, but why do you need a 9 foot rod for bottom fishing?? You do fish
for muttons on the bottom, don't you?

The boat I fish on is 100 or so feet long and sits very high in the water. We fish in the Dry Tortugas and recommended tackle for conventional reel fishing is to use an 8-9 foot rod. These rods allow us to easily cast away from the boat and keep fish away from the sides on retrieval. Gulf of Mexico tackle and fishing techniques may well be different from West or East coast fishing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tim,

Posts: 33 | Registered: 25 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post