CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  CharkBait Forum  Hop To Forums  CharkBoard Chat    STOLEN REELS FOUND<<<<<!!!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

STOLEN REELS FOUND<<<<<!!!!!!
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of JanZ
posted
These reels may have been from the San Diego area.

Gold high dollar stuff

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_11840151

Making Humboldt bay safe for bait one halibut at a time

Posts: 215 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of SDTuna09
posted Hide Post
The serial number son the Penn reels will let the police know where they were purchased by a call to Penn customer service.

PHONE: (800) 892-5444
FAX: (215) 223-3017
WEB: www.pennreels.com

Then a call to the store/retailer will have an invoice and then one happy fisherman or women will realize christmas and restoration

SDTuna

Posts: 248 | Registered: 05 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of pigsticker
posted Hide Post
SDtuna09 I read the article, then called the CHICO Five-O and left them a message to call Penn reels. I told them they can give Penn the ser. #'s and trace them back to the retailer, and then, the customer. Hopefully they won't take this as non sense.

Posts: 893 | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of Agate D
posted Hide Post
maybe the owner is lucky and has already got the insurance on the Shitmanos and Progears!

Posts: 773 | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of pigsticker
posted Hide Post
Be that as it may. Hahahhaha
He is still entitled to his gear back.

Posts: 893 | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pro Staff
Captain
posted Hide Post
Follow-up, the reels were stolen from the estate of a local attorney who had passed away suddenly last month.
The man's relatives did not know about the reels after a post-death burglary, but the attorney's friends ID'ed the reels as soon as they ran in the paper.
No Penns were in the mix, not sure if Shimanos and Pro-Gears are similarly serial numbered.

Posts: 248 | Registered: 25 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of SDTuna09
posted Hide Post
looked like the sherriff was holden a 50VS but my eyes are old so it was the gold that threw me off.

Anyway hope this case is now closed and the etstate has a fishing fool in the family. Looks like quality gear.

SDTuna

Posts: 248 | Registered: 05 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Keta
posted Hide Post
http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_11849436

Life's Tough, Then You Die

Posts: 576 | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post