CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  CharkBait Forum  Hop To Forums  CharkBoard Chat    Charkbait Guadalupe Trip
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charkbait Guadalupe Trip
 Login/Join

Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I was about to write off the trip as too expensive, but I am much more hopeful now.

I will sign up at allcoast under the same screen name.

If any wants to PM me, just shoot an E mail to anagman2004@yahoo.com

Posts: 262 | Registered: 21 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Reel'n Rod
posted Hide Post
Just got my invoice from the Vagabond for a 3-Day trip June 28-July 1. No fuel surcharge but the permits are $60.

Posts: 70 | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Reel'n Rod
posted Hide Post
Hey Trapt...Most of the boats offer free rods and reels for anyone flying in for charters. You might want to take advantage of this for some of your gear the first trip or two.

Posts: 70 | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
Oh that's nice to know. Any idea if RRIII offers free dropper loop rigs?

Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of bringing just 3 rods. Maybe a 30lb baitstick, 30lb jigstick, and renting a dropper loop rig. I think I can get by if I borrow my brother's jig collection (he's got about 10). So that leaves me with fluoro leader, hooks, and weights. What sizes can I cross off the list? I would rather buy it on the boat if there is a decent chance I won't use it.

Should I bother getting a Wahoo bomb, or would I get spooled by a wahoo on 30lb gear?

Captain
Picture of pigsticker
posted Hide Post
Ya don't want to PAY for a dropper loop rig! It is a knot set up that the crew will gladly tie, onto your line, as that is what they do.

Dropper loop fishing is fantastic on the yellows. I wish you the best on that.

Posts: 893 | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
Wait, Piggie are you saying the rod/reel is free or the terminal tackle is free?

Captain
Picture of DODOMAN
posted Hide Post
what pigsticker is trying to say is, if you dont have the proper gear the boat will leaned you one. as for tackle they do carry some .

you can probably get away with some stuff with the tackle , just be really cool with the deckys and you,ll be surprised how fast they forget . tip , tip , tip ,.

COMING TO YOU LIVE !!

Posts: 1140 | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
Haha, I got you Louie

Captain
posted Hide Post
3 40lb outfits would be the better choice. 1 30 and 2 40 would be fine. 270--30, 870--700M--light 40--borrow a heavy 40 outfit and try as many different combo's as you can out there. RRIII has plenty of Dropper outfits for you to borrow.

With all of this, go on a 5 day trip instead. 2 days at the lupe is sometimes not enough. I know of 2 5 dayers in September where the chartermaster will hook you up with loaner tackle--or try and get on an Accurate charter. They have charters on a bunch of the boats.You won't need any rod/reels. Jack brings enough for the whole boat with him. A couple packs of hooks and some jigs and you are set.

Posts: 86 | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
I see an Accurate Charter on the Q105 for $1650. That may be the cheaper way to go. It would be nice to fly out without worrying about buying and transporting rods.

Captain
posted Hide Post
Ummmmmm---keep looking. Qualifier is a great riding boat. However, you can get more bang for the buck elsewhere. Will just say that the boat could use some updating.

If you really want to do the Charkbait charter, call them and let ask them if they could bring some loaner tackle for you to use and demo. I am sure they would do that. If not, take up one of the 4-5 people who offered to loan you takcle.

If you want to do a 5 dayer--which I would recommend--just to get the extra day--look for another accurate charter or look at the shogun. There is another tackle store that sponsors a trip. if you book that one, get ahold of the owner and I am sure he would bring some extra gear for you to try out.

LT

Posts: 86 | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of pigsticker
posted Hide Post
Thanks Louie. I spaced the loaner tackle.

Plus, one doesn't need rods, reels, hooks, sinkers. One actually needs nothing. Just take your clothes, the boat can supply you with any and or everything you would need for fishing.

JUst go, relax and have a fantastic trip.

Posts: 893 | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of DODOMAN
posted Hide Post
trip coming up soon, leave lol

COMING TO YOU LIVE !!

Posts: 1140 | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Just cut to the chase kid, Accurate (ooh there's that nasty word again) is sponsoring an after Christmas 10 day. @ $22-2300.
NO TACKLE NEEDED, hell you might even win something.
But that boat needs a 2nd. 50" flat screen, and a Margarita machine <G>

"Learn from the experts, you won't live long enough to figure it all out on your own..."

Posts: 178 | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post