CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  CharkBait Forum  Hop To Forums  CharkBoard Chat    Red Rooster 8 Day -spots available
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Rooster 8 Day -spots available
 Login/Join

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted
Just heard from the Rooster, we have some openings on the trip which leaves Oct. 31. The trip was sold out for some time, but some spots became available. This will be another great trip, with enough time to get to the best fishing. Should be a relaxing and enjoyable trip, great boat and crew, good price and great folks aboard. I'll be on this one, too. So check your schedule and get on the boat!

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1279 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Still have a few spots, and the wahoo are calling...
Looking like this one will be an ultra low load trip. Looking like 20 are booked on a trip that usually takes 28. So, if you like some elbow room this is going to provide a great opportunity. I think we may have lost a few to the PV 4 day trips, but that's fine on this end. We will find our share of fish, no doubt. Good opportunity for room at the rail on a great platform for fishing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chark,

Great Stuff!
Mark

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Well, she's full - no mas por favor. She's full by RR and our standards - meaning we'll have 28 going on this trip. The Rooster has been in PV fishing a couple 4 day'rs, heading home today. They'll take four days to make it back, putting them at the landing Monday morning. Andy flies back today. The boat will have to get fueled and of course bait as we head out. We may have a little delay given the turnaround for 'em on Monday.

Usually we look at this as a "variety" trip, meaning we fish a lot of 40-60# lines, perhaps an 80. On this year's charter, I'll suggest bringing along one extra heavy rig at 100-130#. There have been some larger grade fish, we may run enough to get on 'em for a day or two. But, if it ain't a sure thing we won't put that time in. So, if you have it, bring it. Plan on YT, some ridge tuna and WAHOO (I'm hoping).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chark,

Great Stuff!
Mark