CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  CharkBait Forum  Hop To Forums  CharkBoard Chat    CharkBait unsolicited review
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CharkBait unsolicited review
 Login/Join

Deckhand
posted
Ok,,, so I'm not ancient but, in "some" circles I'm considered "OLD". I come from an era where people in business used to appreciate their customers,, you know "customer service",, Well I think everyone has become used to being "just another" credit card or internet number, not the customer,,, well At CharkBait that is not the way they run their business. I think I've talked with everyone who works there at some point and have hung up the phone with a positive result. Leeana handled my complicated order with professionalism and fantastic customer service. Mark has a great crew and even though I live in Texas, I will make a trip out there to buy everybody a beer!!

Posts: 20 | Registered: 05 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Thank you much sir, and I'll take you up on that beer! (after working hours of course...) And, don't be surprised if you catch me back in Texas one of these days. Sure do miss East Texas, loved the area and always had a goal of having a place near Uncertain TX & Caddo Lake. One of these decades that will indeed happen... Best of both worlds would be part timing it both places.

Great Stuff<
Mark

Posts: 1352 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of MrTuna
posted Hide Post
Not to mention the great customer service but I can buy the same reel online at Bass Pro Shop for $70 more in tax and shipping and no $50 of free line on it. Charkbait is the deal that can't be beat.

Tackle stores love me.
Fish fear me.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 27 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
posted Hide Post
100% agree.

Charkbait is my goto shop. Mike, Megan, and the team in San Diego are an amazing group of people. Wealth of knowledge and always patient with me. Had several questions about purchasing a Yo-Yo setup and they answered every single one.

Mark - you have a killer team down here!

Posts: 6 | Registered: 04 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Thanks indeed guys. I'm very proud of the folks working here. Mike, Megan, Ross and Anthony are good people. Mike was easy for me to respect when he was working up at our HB shop during his college days, and didn't let me down with his attitude and dedication to customer service at the SD shop. Megan, well that little gal continues to surprise me daily. She's a gem. Ross worked up at our HB shop as well prior to his time with the Marines. Anthony came to us by way of our website, with a wealth of knowledge about techniques he used on the East Coast as well as time in Alaska. Combined, the SD staff offers a lot of experience, but more importantly a positive attitude and integrity. I'll make the same boast for the folks up in HB. Interesting range of experience, from surf and private boating to long range. And, our newest person in the office, Danielle comes in with more fishing experience than I'd have imagined. She may not sound like it on the phone, but the kid's ripped her share of lips! I am indeed lucky to have a great team to work with, and who can put up with me...

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1352 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of AzFish
posted Hide Post
You know, several years ago I had a question about a specific reel, so I figure the best thing to do was call Charkbait and see if they could answer my question. I spoke with someone (too long ago and memory too short to recall the name) but they actually told me that they could not answer that question. Believe it or not, I appreciated that response because they weren't concerned about selling me something, they were concerned about answering my question. They person then said, let me get someone who CAN answer that question. So I waited on the phone for all of about 5 seconds, and guess who gets on the phone....Mark! He jumped on the line and we discussed my question at length and to my understanding. After thanking Mark for his assistance, we hung up, then I immediately got online and ordered the reel from Charkbait. What more can I say? A store with 2 people concerned with my question....why wouldn't I order from Charkbait?

Posts: 131 | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
posted Hide Post
"Customer Service" hmmmmm just the thought of that ancient phrase sends shivers down most sales associates spine's. In this day of quick turn inventory, take the money and run and the "internet sales are great because I don't need to interact" attitude of most retailers it is refreshing to have found the staff at Charkbait!

After years of fishing in nor cal for salmon, and just about all types of bottom fish using Inexpensive reels, I decided to start changing out my equipment for better, longer lasting reels. I kind of knew what I wanted but only ended up in frustration after talking to different tackle shop's up here. Then I came across Charkbait while doing some internet research. After getting confused on options I decided to call the shop. Expecting to be on IVRU hell, I reluctantly placed the call and unexpectedly was talking to a live person in a matter of seconds. Not knowing who I needed to talk to I told the Nice lady on the other end what I wanted to do. She then said hold on I know exactly who you need to speak to. Thank you Mark for all of your time knowledge and recommendations. I have used both reels for salmon this season and Love them! My two boys are coming of age (8 and 6) to start coming out with me on the ocean and are going to need their own equipment, Guess who I am turning to....yup Charkbait!!

With a captain like Mark and the awesome crew he has assembled, He will be in business for along time. And if any of you ever see your way up north I would love to know about it and go fishing with you.

Sincerely,
Fosster

Posts: 6 | Registered: 02 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of pigsticker
posted Hide Post
The proof is in the dollars and the Customer service.
Okay. I live 11 minutes from the Main Bass Pro in Springfield, Mo. THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE ALL PRICKS! rude, snotty and no people skills what so ever.
I buy ALL of my Tackle from Chark, and have it shipped here to me in Missouri. I SAVE THOUSANDS by doing so, and, I have the pleasure of dealing with real, genuine, honest Sales reps.
On top of that? I help support another small business owner. That to me is priceless.

Posts: 893 | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
posted Hide Post
Mark and his crew have a customer for life with me!!! They have answered everything I ever asked of them with a smile.They are the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with over the phone !!!!! NYSTEVE

Posts: 16 | Registered: 07 June 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
posted Hide Post
I've been buying from Charkbait since I first discovered them 10-12 years ago. I've always found their prices, patience, knowledge,& communication as good as it gets. Had a couple bumps along the way and always felt like it had been resolved fairly. There's not much more you can ask.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinhead
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more with the customer service comments. I found Mark and charkbait through the wealth of free information he is willing to share on his youtube page. I've been a customer for two years now and couldn't be happier. The big stores can't compete with Mark and his staff's knowledge base....or his prices. I'm looking forward to one day joining on one of his long range trips!

Jason Burr

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 April 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post