CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Trip Reports    WSB limits - Catalina - 4/10
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WSB limits - Catalina - 4/10
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of DODOMAN
posted Hide Post
well walt its good to see you back on board with the recent outing,at the least youve gottin to wet the line.with this weather , im setting to head out tomorrow for them bigmouth action.hopfuly it doesnt rain.

COMING TO YOU LIVE !!

Posts: 1140 | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of reelveal
posted Hide Post
Walt -

Good old Catalina Island - love and hate relationship.

Last slow trip we had - I found the water temp dropped to 57 - 58 - once the water temp gets back to 61-62 - the backside of Catalina is going to fire up - again.

Posts: 166 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Captain
Picture of Walt
posted Hide Post
reelveal,
Love ..... Hate , good description.

The weather had a big part in the skunking. Capt. Mike said the cold front conditions that followed the rain Fri. along with the Hi pressure & dropping air temp that followed combined with the drop in water temp. can really shut things down.

Next time (thanks to your water temp. comments)I pay closser attention to the weather details and water temp. before singing up. Did not realize the water temp. could change so fast.

Thanks for the education.

Louie, you were smart , your job saved you from a slim pickens whippin.

Walt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Walt,

Posts: 346 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of MrTuna
posted Hide Post
I think we have all had that kind of day once in a while. It's the days we score big that keep us coming back for more. A day on the ocean is better than a day at work or home for that matter. Let me know when the conditions get rights and I will drive down to join ya!

Chad

Tackle stores love me.
Fish fear me.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 27 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post