CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Trip Reports    Irvine Lake 2-12-10 through 2-15-10
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Irvine Lake 2-12-10 through 2-15-10
 Login/Join

Crew
posted
My friend and I fished all three days of the tournement.

Saturday was the best day, however it wasnt great. We trolled all day and had 14 strikes and only landed (5) fish between the two of us. We worked the entire lake, the water was stained and the junk in the water kept getting caught in our gear.

Most of the catching was happening at the south shore in a very concentrated area by shore fisherman. The area which was producing is a long sandy flat about 8 ft deep as long as anybody can cast. Most of the fish were being caught on night crawlers. Huge crowds on all first days of tournements there.

Sunday, my friend decided to get on the float tube and drop shot power worms only to catch (1)largemouth bass.(No Trout) The high pressure system came in big time with a very warm wind and zero cloud cover.I kept my plan and trolled all day. That produced only (3) fish and (2) monsters that spit the hook. I saw both fish and was devistated.

Monday, was again frustrating with only (5) fish caught trolling between two of us. Most all of the fish caught through the weekend were caught with Rapala CD-5 firetigers on 4 lb. line. They didnt want the CD-3 or other colors or lure types.

(1) fish was landed on lead core line. (5) colors in the Santiago flats

I will be out on the lake tomorrow to try and win the $1500.00 gas card for the biggest fish of February. Conditions should be good with the upcoming storm.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 28 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post