CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Trip Reports    Patriot 6am-12 1/21/07
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Patriot 6am-12 1/21/07
 Login/Join

Captain
posted
Went againout on the Patriot from Newport and had a little fun. Not much was caught though.
about 30-40 perch, 4-5 cabezons and 2 maybe 3 baby black sea bass. We, (14-17 people) had frozen squid as bait.I caught a perch right at the start and decided to use my bigtunarig <g> Its a mini shakespeare about 4.5' long with a 4 lb test enclosed spinner.
I caught another 3-4 perch a couple mackeral and some kind of sardine, What a hoot! turning the drag down the rod bent over 90* ! You would have thought I hooked a Wahoo.
I put the mack & sard in the livewell trough as we tried the 1st. one I caught as bait but it didn't attract squat.
Amazing as it seems this group of guys from overseas wanted any and all fish we threw back. they even raided the mack/sards I left in the well.
We tried 6-7 places but nothing was happening off the coast HB-Npb, although it was really nice out. And the 6am-noon made us just intime for brunch at the restaurant nextdoor. And I was back for an afternoon of football.

"Learn from the experts, you won't live long enough to figure it all out on your own..."

Posts: 178 | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of big gabe
posted Hide Post
a buddy of mine was on the same trip, his name is Ron,,,know him???,, nice report,, gracias...

TEAM
976-TUNA

Posts: 177 | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of big gabe
posted Hide Post
by the way i love that boat, good capt. and crew, tons of fishing room, i also like the benches all along both sides....

TEAM
976-TUNA

Posts: 177 | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Don't remember a Ron by name although if you knew his rig I might remember. <G> I spent freetime checking out everyones rigs to get a little heads up.
MMM

"Learn from the experts, you won't live long enough to figure it all out on your own..."

Posts: 178 | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post