CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Trip Reports    !!! WATCH YOUR STEP !!! d.v.l. late report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

!!! WATCH YOUR STEP !!! d.v.l. late report
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of DODOMAN
posted
woke up just in time to head out to d.v.l. this morning.
right around 5:30 a.m. there was a line 3 miles long.Mad
i had to park way pass the museum and at least another 50 cars pulled up after me..
i didnt hit the water till about 7:30 am, so i decided to hit the shore lines on the right side.
all boats reserved, so i didnt want to bother asking.lol
anyways, the bass and striper boils were way pass casting distance and i started heading over the first hill to get closer to the boils.
bieng the water level is rising , there are some changes.
taco island is gone, dodo island is gone, max smallie ridge is sunked, keenes double breasted rock submerged, and many other good locations are now all under water such as ophera wimphery rock also.lol sorry taco.:blah:
i hiked the trails ( had to make my own ) cause the water level was up and the old trails are under water.Frowner
couldnt find a decent pass with all the heavy bush and shrubs every where, so i hiked it back to the first point on the right.

i settled in and could only see the boils from the distance ( wish i had a boat ) so i had to find a skunk beater.
tossed out the revenge and bamm........ a healthy

okay, i was still hoping the boils will get closer to us at casting distance so i can get into some serious action.:bow1:
i was standing very close to the shore line with my tackle box only about 2 ft away from me.
i had a visitor only inches from me, and i didnt know.
a group of guys shows up and one of them walked up to me and says HOWS THE FISHING? i told him, best to stay at the points and try to get your bait as close as possible to the boils.
i was bouncing from one end of the point to the other end, trying to get as close to the boils i can.lol
anyways, the visitor was still near my tackle box, and the guy i was talking to decided to head on out when all of a sudden, the guy jumps and grabs me along with him and pulls me out of danger.
dam, i need to get my ears fixed, i could,nt hear nothing at first.Red Face
YouTube - THREAT to D V L 002

as for the fishing, I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A BOAT!Big Grin
until next time.

p/s its a good thing taco didnt go with me.
we all know he would have screamed like a little girl and ran back up the hill for safety.lol

COMING TO YOU LIVE !!

Posts: 1140 | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
and then?????? You order now !!!!! DUDE WHERE'S MY BOAT??????

sweet charity

Posts: 446 | Registered: 27 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post