CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Trip Reports    Private Boat 11/28/15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Private Boat 11/28/15
 Login/Join

2nd Ticket
posted
Four anglers on my son-in-law's 36' Tiara landed 11 YFT between 20 and 30 pounds about 20 miles northwest of Point Loma.

10 of the tuna were caught on pinhead anchovies. I tried using surface lures and jigs with no luck. We found a productive series of kelp paddies and stayed with these all day. We quit fishing about 1:30 PM after we ran out of bait.

The tuna were line shy and we used 15 or 20 pound fluorocarbon and #2 or #4 circle hooks.

After we ran out of bait, we began a troll back to our Shelter Island mooring using a four line setup with pair of Halco 130 lures in the center and a pair of cedar plugs outboard. We had a double hookup on the cedars and landed one of the fish. We then decided to call it a day and sped home to San Diego.

It was a decent day of fishing but the swells were quite heavy making it rough for a 75-year old guy like me to stand straight.

Posts: 32 | Registered: 18 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post