CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Trip Reports    Sculpin Harvesting on City of Redondo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sculpin Harvesting on City of Redondo
 Login/Join

Captain
posted
Went out 2/1/07 1-5 on the above and boy did we hammer em' Everybody got limit, with another 15-20+ bass and a 8-10lb. Cabazon also. We had a blast all the screamin' and yellin!
A big booyah out to the folks @ Charkbait for helping me out! They are really helpful and patient with all ???'s I asked, and now I have even more <g>
MMM

"Learn from the experts, you won't live long enough to figure it all out on your own..."

Posts: 178 | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
Cabs are personanongrada till 1 March 07!!!!
Mike

the deck crew should know better!!!!!

Posts: 85 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Don't even get me started...
After seeing people that had so many fish they had to drag the bag to their Mercedes,and seeing at least 3 people with 25+ sculpin just keep throwing them on the deck.
I got back into fishing cause I wanted my little one to enjoy it as a fond memory of childhood. The way I saw it you might as well invite the dragnetters inshore and letem have at it. And telling people that don't want a shark they caught to "cut off the fins and make soup" is bullshit. I dive these waters 1-2 days a week and have NEVER seen anything other than Leperd? shark at Catalina. And believe me at 200'+ I look, all during decompression (60+ minutes).
If you catch more than your limit, give them to those that caught none, after the boat limit is reached start tossing them back. Its supposed to be the fun of catching them isn't it?
I'm open to discussion, convince me we should take it all. I don't know everything, but I know fish don't hatch full grown and the less there are to breed the less will be born right?
It might not happen today or tommorrow but sooner or later with everyone having cellphones, someones gonna call Fish and Game from the boat, and everyones gonna get a Federal proctological examination upon arrival.

Michael
I'm glad I got that off my chest...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mnrd55,

"Learn from the experts, you won't live long enough to figure it all out on your own..."

Posts: 178 | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
Well said mnrd55

Posts: 262 | Registered: 21 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post