CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Trip Reports    Hoghunter Has Returned
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoghunter Has Returned
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of Keta
posted
I was slumming and hopping to see a report from Hoggem' and some of the other IFISH derelicts I call my friends, in Cabo for 5 days starting today, and found this from Hoghunter.

Hoghunter's IFISH Report

Looks like he had a good time and a 173 YFT is a NICE fish!

Life's Tough, Then You Die

Posts: 576 | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of SoCalAngler
posted Hide Post
Nice report but "For my first tuna ever I was pretty thrilled to catch this 173 lb baby:" I think I hate him. Just kidding. A 173 aint no baby though. Lol

Posts: 410 | Registered: 22 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Captain
Picture of Walt
posted Hide Post
Nice, vary nice report. Great to see such fantastic success. 340+ lb Yellow Fin, fish of a life time. I think I saw one in a dream of mine last month.

The rough weather aparently put the damper on a couple of the mates. That is not something to wish on anyone. After spending 3 days below myself 4 years ago I did extensive research on remedies . The link to the article below is a must read even if you think you are just a little prone to motion sickness. Hitting 10-13 footers can ruin almost anyones day.
Scopolamine (Trans - Derm) is the best I have found, you need a perscription but your doctor will eaisly write the script. Get the Pills and the Patch. I take one pill about 6 hrs BEFORE getting on the boat and do the patch during the 1st hour after boarding. If you at least have the patches you stand half a chance if you start to get sick later in the trip. But belive me, once you start chumming you will not be able to keep a PILL down.

http://www.charkbait.com/article/RAPC1.htm

Walt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Walt,

Posts: 346 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of SDTuna
posted Hide Post
Smiler Way to go on your trophy yellow fin hoghunter!

Seems you learned some great lessons and have the fever to expand your horizons for trophy tuna.

There are some rocks and banks of Punta Metta off the main land of PV, Mexico that also have trophy tuna and the accommodations for your wife. The sport fishing boats out of Puerto Vallarta daily fish for giant tuna and hook some 300 each year. Haut Bay in Cape Town South Africa is another place yellow fin tuna trophies are caught. JIC you happen to be in Africa...

Congrats and I enjoyed your report.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SDTuna,

SDTuna -

Posts: 261 | Registered: 01 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post