CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Trip Reports    Coronados and La Jolla
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coronados and La Jolla
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of MrTuna
posted
Friday I took a 3/4 day out to the Coronados. It was a last minute flight from Vegas and the airline said I could not have anything over 80 inches so my jig sticks stayed home. Well the 3/4 day trip tough. We would locate some fish, circle and chum. Get a few to boil and then the fur bags would close in and shut down the bite. The jigs on top of boils was the only way to get a yellow. Only about 2 bait fish and I did not get one. Tried 15lb with flouro and nada. Picked up a couple nice calicos though. Next day wife and I rented a skiff out of Mission Bay and went out to La Jolla kelp. Trolled some Rapalas and got one baracuda and hooked a very nice fish that wrapped me in the kelp. The wind and swell came up and we had to pull the plug. I would like a full day out there. Very fishy spot.

Tackle stores love me.
Fish fear me.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 27 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Reel'n Rod
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report Mr T.

Posts: 70 | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of big gabe
posted Hide Post
gracias for the report...

TEAM
976-TUNA

Posts: 177 | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of big gabe
posted Hide Post
wheres the pics??

TEAM
976-TUNA

Posts: 177 | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of MrTuna
posted Hide Post
Sorry,
my digital camera's battery was dead. I'll take some next time!

Tackle stores love me.
Fish fear me.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 27 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post