CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Trip Reports    Coranado Islands Calico Trip...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coranado Islands Calico Trip...
 Login/Join

SD CharkBait Staff
Pinhead
posted
Hello, for those of you who do not know me, my name is Ezekiel Cruz, and I am the newest member of the CharkBait! team. I am working at the San Diego (3152 Midway Dr) location.

Mission: Scope out the early season Calico Bass fishery on the Coranado Islands.

Conditions: Water temp- 61.15 , Water Clarity- 30', Tide- outgoing/low slack, Wind- 10mph, Sky- cloudy,
Bait fish activity- tons of 4-7 inch sardines, some 4-6 inch shiner perch.

Weapons of Bass Destruction: Warbaits Slayer Heads and Swim Jigs 1/2oz.-1.50z.(Colors:The Thing,Roach,Sexy Dine) (COMING SOON TO A CHARKBAIT NEAR YOU), Big Hammer Swimbaits 5in.-5.5in. Colors(Shad #36,Halloween #5,Hot Karl #125,Calico Hunter #45,Green Sardine #34)

The Take: 13 bass between 3 people, Avg. size- 2lbs largest Bass ~4Lbs., heaviest 5 fish bag 15Lbs.

"Captians Log": Overall a pretty slow day of fishing, the fish were not liking the clear water. To get bit we needed to put the bait into the most turbulent, white washed water we coud find. the closer the bait can be put near the island the beter the chance of getting bit. Shad seemed to be the hot color most of the day.

For more specific information on locations and techniques, come in to charkbait.

--Ezekiel Cruz

LET THE CALICOS GO!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post