CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Long Range SD Reports    June 7 Intrepid trip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

June 7 Intrepid trip
 Login/Join

Deckhand
posted
Chark are you on the June 7th 2014 8 day Intrepid trip ?

Posts: 20 | Registered: 05 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
That's the plan. I've not fished the boat and look forward to it.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1343 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
posted Hide Post
I look forward to your review of this trip as i am booked on this boat at the end of this month. Too bad you didnt sponsor the trip i am on as i really would like to fish with you guys!

Posts: 6 | Registered: 02 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Well, I got seriously sidetracked upon return from the charter - ICAST is just around the corner and it's been super busy at the shops so I never had the time to get things posted properly. But, here's the run down - good and bad. Good, the boat is very nice, excellent boat. Love the galley area, they run lower numbers than most other boats. It's a bit narrower at 27 feet or so compared to the Rooster and RP which add on six feet or so of beam. Liked having a full head below, actually two of 'em for forward and stern staterooms. Bunks comfortable. The porthole in the staterooms is GREAT. When the boat rocks you can get a good view below the water. Saw some yellowtail and a fish get gaffed from my room! The engines are VERY quiet, can't hear from your room what's going on up on deck. Food good, culture good, and Kevin Osborn is a fine skipper with a commitment towards service. Now for the bad...fishing sucked! There were two storms prior to our leaving, turned the water. Way too much green stuff and when we found blue water it was unproductive, down to 60 degrees in some places. Only three tuna caught, I got one and the little guy belonged in an aquarium. Fish only weighed about 5 lbs. No bluefin, no yellowfin of consequence. Not the boats fault, conditions just turned for the worse the week of the charter. We went all the way down to Alijos Rocks, for a couple handfulls of quality yellowtail. Did some drifts close to the rocks for cabrillo and that was really fun. One of the fishermen came down from San Francisco, inexperienced guys, one of 'em fished two Lexa 400's the entire trip. Caught a good range of fish all on the little baitcaster. Pretty impressive, and made a fellow who would probably have done poorly with a standard conventional reel actually do quite well. You know the fishing is tough when guys are keeping whitefish and even sandbass on an 8 day'r.

I'd fish the boat again, but early/mid June trips are always a big roll of the dice.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1343 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post