Find
Notify
Tools

RP 8/26-8/31:
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of reelveal
posted
All the albacore you want and then some - we had limits. I hooked my limits and limits for 2 other anglers that were too old to stand at the rail. They were 20lb-40lb fish - I had the JP with a 40lber. We were a bit south of the Cortez - fish were under birds and above the whales - mostly bit the dines - a few on the fish traps. Huge foamers of 10lb-20lb bluefins - would not touch a bait - I snagged the only 2 in the tail on the iron.

Good food, good fun. Never made it to Cedros... surface iron will have to wait for SCI this weekend on my boat.

RV

Posts: 166 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Captain
Picture of Walt
posted Hide Post
Reelveal,

You got me all fired up. Always good to read of anothers success. Going out on a 1 1/2 dayer on the Amigo out of Newport this Thursday. A 40 Albi is nice. Was Fluorocarbon necessary? Sound like you were on a Charter, which boat? Cannot believe you left your Wesmar back at the ranch. Some day I will get to see one in action.

Great report.
Walt

Posts: 343 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of reelveal
posted Hide Post
Walt - I was on the Royal Polaris with Roy at the helm. I fished flouro on everything and think it made a difference.

Most importantly try to get a bait back on the slide into the bite asap. Most schools seemed to be up and down pretty quickly.

Good luck - go get em...

Posts: 166 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post