CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Long Range SD Reports    Alijos Rocks with Blackwater Charter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alijos Rocks with Blackwater Charter
 Login/Join

Crew
posted
My son and I were fortunate to be 2 of 14 anglers on the Royal Polaris - Blackwater Charter. We started our journey to Alijos Rock on August 9, 2007 and arrived at the rocks on the 11th with yellow fin, whaoo and dodo waiting for our baits. The fishing at the rocks for 3 days was endless. The yellow fin were 40-80, the top fish was 88 lbs caught by Jimmy Loo. This trip gave us the opportunity to use Blackwater's hollow 16 brad that was wonderful to work with on our splicing. The flouro shock leader was amasing. The 40 lbs was strong, which I used mostly. We did use 50 and 60 and still got bit well. Overall the fishing was great and Frank put us on the fish everyday.

The Blackwater products is definately a must try. I have changed all my reels from 80 lb rigs to my bay bass fishing reels to Blackwater. Smiler

Posts: 8 | Registered: 15 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
That's outstanding: the trip, the fishing, the line, and having your son with you! Chark's description of BW braid is enticing, though it is not cheap. The fluoro leader is even more enticing, and competitively priced.

Did the hoo show, or dodos?

Posts: 302 | Registered: 17 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of DODOMAN
posted Hide Post
bajawaters , thanks for the update.

p/s looks like the wahoos are in.

COMING TO YOU LIVE !!

Posts: 1140 | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
posted Hide Post
We did really well on the Wahoos. My son and I had 6. The boat got around 45. There was a lot dodos. Couple of real big ones.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 15 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Oh man, feeling of paralysis overcoming me, it's stinkin' Monday again! I am here, fish are there, this is a b-i-g problem!!!

Dream trip, Bajawaters... Thanks for sharing...

I hope it is true, that good things (also) come to those who wait...

Captain
Picture of DODOMAN
posted Hide Post
planet, your up next on your 10 day, so keep up posted . my trip is leaving later in nov, hopfully the hoo,s stick around late this year.

COMING TO YOU LIVE !!

Posts: 1140 | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah!!

Thanks, Dodoman, will do. Hopefully in Nov you'll have some "teenage" YFT come to ya--in the 150# to 250# range. I've been told by dudes who caught YFT to 300#+ that the teenagers are the strongest. I've also been told that lots of the older fish (300#) fight to the death, their heart seizes... Talk about dead weight...