CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Long Range SD Reports    July 13th Condor 1.5 day report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

July 13th Condor 1.5 day report
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of MrTuna
posted
Well the bite slowed down when the weather came up. I tried to reschedule but couldn't. Too bad Charkbait was closed Monday. I wanted to get my gear there. Here is the posted count: The Condor returned this morning with 22 Bluefin, 31 yellowtail, and 18 Dorado.

The first jig stop was on a small patty and I got my first dodo and a small yellowtail. It was dead all day with only a couple blind jig strikes resulting in 1 bluefin and no bait fish each time. I fought the good fight and stood ready at the back of the boat to fish the slide getting soaked and tired in the process. Around 4pm we hit some real blue water and I saw 2 other boats that were getting jig stops. I came up for trolling and decided to use a small Maurader that was yellow with stripes since it was getting sunny. In Northern Cal most of the bluefin caught with the albacore were on these in different colors and the Fisherman's Landing tackle store said the purple one was working good. I put it out and it got hooked up pretty fast with the right kind. Nice to hook up on 60lb because by the time it was at the boat 30 lines are off the stern. It was a decent 25lber. Not one of the better size that showed earlier weeks. We got a few on my jig stop on bait. There was no room to cast anywhere on the stern or windy side with 37 anglers. Tried some long soaks on the bow where some bluefin were boiling but no luck. My back gave out after 12 hours on my feet. 5AM-5PM so I laid down a bit. I woke to a hook up and stumbled out of my bunk. It was almost dark. I cast a big sardine off the port corner of the stern and got picked right up. I hooked up and saw my 20lb dorado jump 6ft high across the whole stern over about ten lines. I managed to follow it up the Starboard side and got it gaffed at the bow. Beautiful fish. My first dorados and I got 2. Total for me 1 small yellowtail, 1 bluefin, and 2 dorados. Not the epic bluefin trip I was hoping for but a good mix of fish to eat. The average was less then 2 fish per person and I managed to catch 4. My new Avet JX Raptor from Charkbait performed flawlessly.

Tackle stores love me.
Fish fear me.

Posts: 145 | Registered: 27 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post