CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Long Range SD Reports    Check out June Heat on the RR III
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Check out June Heat on the RR III
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of SDTuna09
posted
Awesome trip reported by Bob Cherry of Santa Monica.

Bob and I went to HS together and played V Football for three years a very long time ago.

he said tonight this was his 2nd best trip ever.

Bob has been into LR San Diego style since 1972...

Wow looks like today are the good old days gents and ladies.

Congrats Bob.

the "Hutch"

SDTuna

Posts: 248 | Registered: 05 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
HHO-HAAH !!! Let's break out into big albacore tangle , just for old times sake !!

sweet charity

Posts: 446 | Registered: 27 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of SDTuna09
posted Hide Post
not with spectra it erases tangles everyone looses their fish...Smiler

SDTuna

Captain
Picture of SoCalAngler
posted Hide Post
No angles no tangles Smiler

Posts: 403 | Registered: 22 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
Picture of Capt Peach
posted Hide Post
Same June heat trip and my first long range trip. With the help of some on this board as well as Chark himself It will be a memorable one. My best is the 261 flylined and with a 236 to follow and one just under cow status at 196 lbs with epic wahoo fishing. I did have a 8 second wahoo trying to clear a little loose line before casting. As for Wahoo Bob he was always hooked up on the bow with wahoo and if not was building more bombs..My limit was reached rather quickly and spent more time fishing tuna but when I needed a break and catch something then a raider was my ticket for a tight line....

Eat, work, fish, hunt and buy more gear not necessary in that order!

Posts: 6 | Registered: 15 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of SoCalAngler
posted Hide Post
Way to go Cappy, your first long range trip and you caught two cows a almost cow and epic wahoo fishing, you can't get much better than that! What a way to bust into the long range game. Good job!

Posts: 403 | Registered: 22 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Cappy had a great trip, and we've got the pictures to prove it (next week's Pics of the Week). This week the honor goes to our Scientist-Professor-Rock Guitarist-now LR fishing Guru..who caught a bunch of ho-hum yellowtail...approaching 80#'s!

GS<
MS

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
I am honored, Chark, thank you.

"I'll pay any price just to win you, surrender my good life for bad"... (Who)

"...What a long, strange trip it's been..." (Grateful Dead)

Posts: 302 | Registered: 17 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Keta
posted Hide Post
It looks like I know close to 1/3 of the people on the list. It's nice to see Mike Butler back on the boat (did he ever get off the Rooster?)and "Mr Magoo" (Art Green) got another cow!

Life's Tough, Then You Die

Posts: 576 | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Big Fish
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that Planet guy is a fishing STUD! I was on that trip with him when he caught that beast of a yeller and he handled it with ease, even with all his aches and pains. Besides that he's one HELL of a nice guy! Rock on Paul! Wink

Posts: 73 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of SDTuna09
posted Hide Post
great Karma here boys...salute to all the cow's and yes according to Bob Cherry it was epic wahoooooooo fishing.

SDTuna