CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Long Range SD Reports    4 Day Red Rooster July 2012
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4 Day Red Rooster July 2012
 Login/Join

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted
Got back Friday the 27th from another wonderful trip aboard the Rooster. Nice bunch of guys and gal aboard as usual. Andy made a great call, traveling down 280 miles, passing over some fish along the way. The area we fished was full of life, a nice temp break. Kelp had some smaller firecracker yellowtail, good dorado bite, and bluefin and yellowfin tuna. We ended up with over 300 fish, an equal mix of yellowfin and bluefin, about 100 each species, to compliment the 100 or so dorado.

One of the big highlights was on our second day fishing. Towards late afternoon a couple Orcas, killer whales came up to the bow. For them, it was a stop by Jack-n-the-box for a nice bluefin snack. We had two guys on fish almost ready for the gaff...but Willie got 'em. Looked like the whales were having fun rolling on the tuna.

Food was excellent, deckhands are the best in the business, and the boat...well it's a wonderful platform for fishing. The food was also top-notch. Chapman does a great job, and he's a pleasant guy as well.

Of course we'll have some pictures and video posted. I was lucky enough to capture a bit of the Orca action, too. Look for the video on our YouTube channel: CharkBaitUSA later today (Monday).

One last thought... My son Sergey got to go on this trip, his first. The kid just turned 16 and it was way past time for him to pull on some tuna. For the past few years he's not been around during summer or my charters were in the fall when he was tied to school. So, this was the first opportunity, and I'm so glad we got the chance to go pull on some fish. The kid caught his first bluefin, yellowin tunas as well as dorado and yellowtail. Couldn't have worked out better.

Here's a link to the YouTube vid:
http://youtu.be/CJZttCDz0Bo
Video will be online by 5pm Monday 7/30

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of Agate D
posted Hide Post
Great "proud Pop" video-you deserve to be! Why no belt with those gmballed rods? That could hurt!

Posts: 767 | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post