CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Long Range SD Reports    GIANT CAUGHT ON THE INTREPID
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GIANT CAUGHT ON THE INTREPID
 Login/Join

Captain
Captain
Picture of Walt
posted
Yes , they appear to be getting bigger.

Walt

REPORT FROM THE INTREPID:

Tue. Dec. 11, 2007: Well here goes. With today being our last day down here it was absolutly a wonderful way to wrap things up. We drifted again all day and picked away at these brutes ending the day with 12 of the 120 to 190lb. grade and 8 from 210 to 260lbs. We also picked up another Tuna today that taped out at 381 lbs. Congrats go to Bill Falter for battling this GIANT Tuna and as you can imagine Bill is a very excited and happy fisherman. Bill hooked this fish on the kite after it exploded on a jumbo live squid pinned to a custom double hook leader using an 18/0 Mustad 39960D circle hook and a 12/0 7691 Stinger attached to a 600 lb. Softsteel leader. Backing that up with 200 lb. Jerry Brown hollow spectra on an AVET PRO EXW 50-2 ( thanks Harry, you rock ) and a Seeker G463XXXH Black Steel Grafite rod this fish really didn't stand a chance. Here is a shot and I'm sure there will be more later.

Posts: 342 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of SDTuna
posted Hide Post
a 400 # YFT awaits to be decked this year!

SDTuna -

Posts: 261 | Registered: 01 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Big Fish
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they've a few close ones and reports of several that came loose which were reported to be monsters, so if they can get everything working together, they should land a 400 lber this season. That would be a sight to see! Go get 'em!!!

Posts: 73 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of crown victoria
posted Hide Post
Yellow fever strikes fishing fanatics. The symptoms are spending $1,000's and going on long boat trips, reading this is another bad sign.

Posts: 117 | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of SDTuna
posted Hide Post
Yo CV.

I paid for my trip 12 months ago and have geared up for the past 12 months and have enjoyed the journey thus far. I am a passionate offshore LR fisherman who just happens to live in the state of Colorado.

Heck yeah I got the fever bad just like everything else that I am passionate about in my life.

I fly out 12/25 and board on the 26th for the tuna adventure of a lifetime on the RS.

Stay tune for updates.

SDTuna -

Posts: 261 | Registered: 01 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Big Fish
posted Hide Post
SD, I know how you feel, I always plan my long range trips (8 days) at the beginning of the year and salavate until June when the boat leaves for the rocks and places they suspect there are fish 'o plenty! It gives you something to look forward to throughout the year and keeps you looking at the reports and buying MORE stuff for the trip. I wish you all the luck in the world in your upcoming adventure and maybe you'll be the one to catch the 400lber! Tight lines!

Posts: 73 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of crown victoria
posted Hide Post
weeal....uhh huh... LETS try again next year, stay away from those PESKY LOGS ROLLING AROUND THE BAY and those "LOST MEXICAN PACKAGES" That seem to appear out of nowhere and slowly float away into the sunset, just like afew of the big one's that got away just in time THANKS DAN !!!

Posts: 117 | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post