CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Long Range SD Reports    Pacific Voyager 2 day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pacific Voyager 2 day
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of MrTuna
posted
Left Sunday night for a 2 day club trip with a buddy I met on this board. The tuna bite died the day before we left and I found out why. There was 8 ft swells and high winds. We got 2 jig albies and tried to chum up a few meter marks with no success. Started fishing paddies and found some nice yellowtail. I broke off my first one by tightening the drag to stop it at the paddy. Deckhand said let them go so next one swam into the paddy and back out. I got a 20 & 8lber. 2 dodos were hooked and jumped & threw the hook. 2nd day hit the coast & due to cold water it was slow. I managed to get a nice halibut winning day 2 jackpot. We got a few longs and calicos. Lots of hard fishing and many people skunked but I cannot complain since I got 2 yellows, 1 halibut, & a nice ling.

Tackle stores love me.
Fish fear me.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 27 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
SmilerSounds like you made the best of a tough couple of days of fishing - Good on ya! Jackpot along with some tasty fish! Sometimes you gotta adapt and overcome - which you did nicely.

Posts: 142 | Registered: 24 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of MrTuna
posted Hide Post
Thanks,
I spent many hours next to the bait well ready to go in the big swells just to get one of the first baits in the water. It seems to help. I will get the tuna next time!

Tackle stores love me.
Fish fear me.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 27 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post